Advanced School on
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
3-13 July, 2007
In view of the Quark Matter 2008 (The 20th International Conference on Ultra-Relativistic Nucleus-Nucleus Collisions) to be held in India in February 2008, an Advanced School on Quark-Gluon Plasma is being organized in Mumbai. Young researchers including Ph.D. students and post-docs are especially encouraged to apply. Participation is also open to senior physicists working in related areas.
Time and Place
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.
3-13 July, 2007
- Federico Antinori (Padua): Strangeness and Heavy Flavour
- James Dunlop (BNL): Experimental Techniques
- Francois Gelis (Saclay): Pre-equilibrium Dynamics
- Sourendu Gupta (TIFR): QCD Phase Diagram
- Peter Jacobs (LBL): Experimental Techniques
- Jean-Yves Ollitrault (Saclay): Hydrodynamics
- Dinesh Srivastava (VECC): Electromagnetic Hard Probes
- Xin-Nian Wang (LBL): Strongly-interacting Hard Probes
In addition to the lectures, there will be roughly equal number of tutorials/discussion sessions. These will be conducted normally by different physicists.
There is no registration fee. Participants are required to complete the registration form and e-mail it to asqgp [at] theory.tifr.res.in on or before April 30, 2007.
Local hospitality will be provided to all participants. Partial travel support may be provided to a limited number of deserving participants, subject to the availability of funds. Applications for travel support should be sent to the school secretariat at the address asqgp [at] theory.tifr.res.in. Applications from Ph.D. students should be routed through their thesis guides who need to recommend the student for participation and travel support.
All outstation participants will be provided accommodation.
Advanced School on QGP,
Department of Theoretical Physics,
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,
Homi Bhabha Road,
Mumbai 400 005.
E-mail: asqgp [at] theory.tifr.res.in