Working Group 2: Flavour Physics
You will find here information regarding the proposed activities of
working group 2 in
The page will be modified from
time to time till the workshop starts.
Please suggest any additions / subtractions / modifications to
Amol Dighe and Anirban Kundu, Coordinators
Plenary talks :
- Yosef Nir (Weizmann Institute, Israel):
CP violation in B mesons: Present and Future
- Roger Forty (CERN, Switzerland):
B_s physics at LHCb
- Amarjit Soni (Brookhaven National Laboratory, USA):
Search for New Physics at a Super-B factory
- Yong-Yeon Keum (Nagoya University, Japan):
Charmless hadronic decays of B mesons
Discussion Topics :
Here is a preliminary list of topics that may be discussed during
the sessions of the working group.
Some of the relevant recent references / review articles are also listed.
The list is far from being exhaustive or exclusive,
please suggest any additions to the list of topics or references
by sending an email to
We plan to use this as a platform to start our discussion session
from, but of course any on-the-spot suggestions will also be
- Extraction of CKM angles alpha and gamma:
- sin(2 beta), Psi-Ks vs. Phi-Ks "anomaly", and new physics:
- Results presented by
Beauty 2003 .
- "First hint of non-standard CP violation from B $\to$ Phi K(S)
decay," Gudrun Hiller,
Phys. Rev. D66, 071502 (2002).
- QCD challenges: nonleptonic decays
- "CP violation and nonleptonic B-meson decays,"
Y. Y. Keum and A. I. Sanda,
- "Possible large direct CP violations in charmless B decays:
Summary report on the pQCD method,"
Y. Y. Keum and A. I. Sanda,
Phys. Rev. D67 054009 (2003)
- "QCD factorization for exclusive, non-leptonic B meson decays:
General arguments and the case of heavy-light final states,"
M. Beneke, G. Buchalla, M. Neubert and C. T. Sachrajda,
Nucl. Phys. B591, 313 (2000)
- "CP-violating asymmetries in charmless non-leptonic decays
B $\to$ P P, P V, V V in the factorization approach,"
A. Ali, G. Kramer and C. D. Lu,
Phys. Rev. D59, 014005 (1999)
- New physics in B decays
"Searching for new physics via an angular analysis of B $\to$ V(1) V(2)
decays," D. London, N. Sinha and R. Sinha,
- "Minimal flavor violation", A. J. Buras,
Acta Phys. Polon. B34, 5615 (2003)
- "Worries and hopes for SUSY in CKM physics: The b $\to$ s example,"
M. Ciuchini, E. Franco, A. Masiero and L. Silvestrini,
eConf C0304052 , WG307 (2003)
- "Z' mediated flavor changing neutral currents in B meson decays,"
V. Barger, C. W. Chiang, P. Langacker and H. S.Lee,
- "Flavor violation in warped extra dimensions and
CP asymmetries in B decays," G. Burdman,
- "The impact of universal extra dimensions on the unitarity
triangle and rare K and B decays,"
A. J. Buras, M. Spranger and A. Weiler,
Nucl. Phys. B 660, 225 (2003)
- CPT violating effects in B oscillations:
- "Does CPT violation affect the B/d meson life times and decay
asymmetries?", Amitava Datta, E. A. Paschos and L. P. Singh,
Phys. Lett. B548, 146 (2002).
- Neutrino mixing, CP violation in B mesons, and SUSY flavour breaking:
"Neutrino mixing and large CP violation in B physics,"
D. Chang, A. Masiero and H. Murayama,
Phys. Rev. D67, 075013 (2003).
Additional Useful References:
- Recent conferences:
- Recent reviews on B physics:
- "Beyond the standard model with B and K physics,"
- "Theoretical review of CP violation,"
- "CP violation beyond the standard model," D. London,
- "New physics and future B factories,"
Z. Ligeti and Y. Nir,
Nucl. Phys. Proc. Suppl. 111, 82 (2002).
- Feasibility studies of B decays:
- "The CKM matrix and the unitarity triangle", Proceedings, Workshop,
CERN, February 2002,
- "B physics at the Tevatron: Run II and beyond,"
Proceedings, Workshop, Fermilab, February 2000
- "B decays at the LHC," Proceedings, Workshop, CERN, 1999.
- Recent reviews on Charm Physics:
- "Charm Physics: theoretical review," Alexey Petrov,
- "D0-D0bar mixing and rare charm decays,"
Gustavo Burdman and Ian Shipsey,
- Lattice and flavour physics:
- "Lattice matrix elements and CP violation in B and K physics: Status and
outlook," A. Soni,
- Experimental Collaboration webpages:
- Useful resources:
Particle Data Group ,
Heavy Flavor Averaging Group ,
CP Violation in B Decays:
|Last modified by