Simple Ideal gases
The lecture notes contain material and problems on simple ideal Bose and Fermi gases, and on Bose Condensation of an ideal gas. Simple classical ideal gases have been dealt with as problems in the lecture notes on classical ensembles. In particular the gas laws have been derived. Other resources on the web include detailed notes on classical ideal gases by M. Tuckerman.
- Statistical Mechanics by L. D. Landau and L. Lifschitz, Pergamon Press, 1977.
- Statistical Mechanics by R. K. Pathria, Pergamon Press, 1977.
- Statistical Mechanics by K. Huang, Wiley Eastern, 1988.
- Pauli Lectures on Physics: Vol 4. Statistical Mechanics by W. Pauli, ed. C.P. Enz, The MIT press, 1973.
- Quantum Theory of Solids by R. Peierls, Clarendon Press, 1955.
© Sourendu Gupta. Created on Dec 11, 2001.